httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richters, Eriks (US - Arlington)" <ericht...@deloitte.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Hangs when proxying Java Requests with WebLogic Plugin
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 20:05:38 GMT
Hello Everyone,
I've run into a problem where Apache Hangs after several requests when proxying some Java
based dashboards.  Pretty consistently, the dashboard loads fine the first four or five times,
on the next time Apache is hung.    It just stops responding to all requests, including the
standard Apache status page.   Apache never seems to come back on its own. Only when it's
restarted.
The problem only happens with these java-based dashboards.   It doesn't hang on other content
even going out to hundreds of requests.
Apache's logs don't show an error, basically it just stops responding.  It would seem like
it stopped getting requests.    I'd love to have an error to search on.
CPU, Memory, IO all seem to be normal like it's not doing anything.
We're running Apache 2.2.21 on Windows Server 2003, with the WebLogic Proxy Plugin.   The
backend server is  WebLogic 10.3.3, with Java 1.6.30.
SSL is configured between  WebLogic and Apache, but we're not seeing SSL errors.
Does anyone have any suggestions or comments to help resolve this error?
Thank You!

specific individual and purpose, and is
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

on it, is strictly prohibited.
v.E.1