httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stormy <storm...@stormy.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Build problem
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 23:11:51 GMT
At 02:28 PM 5/30/2012 -0700, Bill Vance wrote:
>On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 08:54:32AM -0400, Mark Montague wrote:
> >Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 08:54:32 -0400
> >From: Mark Montague <mark@catseye.org>
> >Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Build problem
> >
> >On May 30, 2012 8:06 , Bill Vance <pro@xpresso.seaslug.org> wrote:
> >>I'm new to the list, so this may allready be
> >>addressed somewhere.  Basically, I', trying
> >>to put the sources for apache2 and php,
> >>etc., together, and I seem to be having some
> >>heavy wading.
[snip]
>Actually I'm running KUbuntu 10.04, Lucid Lunatic, or Lynx, or
>whatever that stupid name is, on an i386-32  One of the problems
>here are utils like apt-get, aptitude, and synaptic, etc.  They
>work real good if you only want to deal with .deb archives, but
>don't seem to leave much in the way of a program directory behind
>them, which some things require for working with them.

Not sure why you need KDE for a server, but...

Maybe 10.04 is a bit "long in the tooth?"  I just rebuilt (Monday
afternoon) from scratch an old i386-32 as a sandbox using Ubuntu 12.04 (the
latest LTS), and had Apache 2.2.22 and PHP 5.3.10 (as well as MySQL 5.5.22)
up and running in less than an hour. I used apt-get for each package
(wanted MySQL, not Postgre which comes in the standard LAMP package
available at installation time from the standard .iso).

The Ubuntu "stupid name" for 12.04 is "Precise"; maybe for you it would be
"Perfect"?

HTH - Paul