httpd-users mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject [users@httpd] logging post requests?
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 22:17:04 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to diagnose a spam-injection attack.  Someone seems to have
figured out how to POST a message to wordpress, and by doing so inject
spam into postfix's mail queue.  Definitely nasty.

I can see the Apache and Postfix log entries created by the attack - but
not the actual content of the POST messages.

So.. I:
- enabled mod_dumpio
- put a |DumpIOInput On config statement in httpd.conf
- restarted the server

But... I'm not seeing the input data logged into error.log.

So... either I'm doing something wrong, or there's some interaction
between logging, mod_dumpio, fastcgi, and php that's interfering with
with capturing/dumping the input data.

Suggestions please!

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman