httpd-users mailing list archives

From Giles Coochey <gi...@coochey.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache as ssl-proxy - recommended way?
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 12:43:31 GMT
On 14/05/2012 13:17, Stefan Bauer wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> what is the recommended way to achive the following:
>
> Client-with-Smartphone ->  domain:443(Apache) -->  internal server (webmail:443)
You can install Apache on a system to strip the SSL layer, but in the
diagram above it appears that your internal server is still running
HTTPS. If you just want to route HTTPS sessions (which are encrypted and
cannot be viewed or acted upon in any way) then you just want a firewall
with port forwarding.
If you actually want to decrypt and then re-encrypt (why??) then you can
do this with mod_proxy and mod_ssl...