httpd-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Sordillo <f.sordi...@cineca.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] REMOTE_USER mod_proxy_ajp JBoss
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 12:58:34 GMT

Il 08/05/2012 14:24, Eric Covener ha scritto:
> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Francesco Sordillo<f.sordillo@cineca.it>  wrote:
>>

>> Il 08/05/2012 12:45, Eric Covener ha scritto:

>>> Since you say it's lost -- In what environment is this attribute in
>>> JBOSS ever set?
>>

>> It is not set in JBoss but via mod_shib in Apache. The same application runs
>> over OAS Application Server with Oracle HTTP Server, an Apache 1.3
>> customized by Oracle with mod_oc4j that replace mod_proxy, and it works
>> properly.
>
> AFAICT that attribute is not spec.  Try
> HTTPServletRequest#getRemoteUser() and tomcatAuthentication=false if
> you want the webservers auth to be trusted.

It is already set, but this doesn't solve the problem of the request
attribute.

What that I need is something like "JkEnvVar" of mod_jk
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html
that forward REMOTE_USER as request property.

F.

Francesco Sordillo
CINECA - System and Technologies Department
e-mail: f.sordillo@cineca.it
phone: (0039) 051 6171 874