httpd-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Sordillo <f.sordi...@cineca.it>
Subject [users@httpd] REMOTE_USER mod_proxy_ajp JBoss
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 10:14:11 GMT
Hi to all.

I'm running JBoss 5.1.2 with Apache 2.2 with mod_proxy_ajp and mod_shib
2.4 on RHEL 6.2 environment, so Shibboleth as SSO authentication.
Proxying Apache request to JBoss we are not able to retreive REMOTE_USER
via request attribute. An example of application code is:

String username = (String) request.getAttribute("REMOTE_USER");

but, as I said before, REMOTE_USER is not in the attribute header! The
problem is that using a proxy, requests attribute are lost!
By Google, some user suggests to configure this rewrite rule on Apache

###
     RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} (.*)
     RewriteRule .* - [E=MY_REMOTE_USER:%1]
     RequestHeader add REMOTE_USER %{MY_REMOTE_USER}e
###

but in this case "REMOTE_USER" is a Request Header and not a request
attribute.
Is there anyone that know how to proxy REMOTE_USER as request attribute
with mod_proxy_ajp?

Thanks a lot.
Francesco.