httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Should name based virtual hosts work when the ServerName is an IP address?
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 11:57:03 GMT

On 31.05.12 12:36, Alex Bligh wrote:
>OK. So is there any way, in an environment where it is not possible
>to create DNS entries to order, where namevirtualhosts are used,
>to have a default vhost which is different from a vhost whose name
>is the IP address?

btw: we use hostnames that are present in /etc/hosts.

I found it more efficient to create different /etc/hosts (same name,
different IP) on multiple machines than push httpd.conf through a
filter that will replace hostname by IP.

Just for sure: * is not acceptable (yet)
"Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]