httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Should name based virtual hosts work when the ServerName is an IP address?
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 08:07:34 GMT

On 30.05.12 22:10, Eric Covener wrote:
>Sorry, just catching on now that Matus nailed it.  It's not so clear
>what the code is trying to tolerate by comparing this way.

I guess that this was historic workaround for defining name-based
virtual servers without defining ServerName/ServerAlias

<VirtualHost one.na.me>
# one.na.me served here
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost another.na.me>
# another.na.me
</VirtualHost>

Since this makes creating default-only name-based virtual hosts
impossible, I've had to found the workaround mentioned in my previous
mail.

I've been trying to solve this problem in the past, but I was only
directed to the mentioned docs, I remember no explanation of why this
is done.
Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...