httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] I need to know the number of connections that failed by timeout
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 15:21:29 GMT
On 16.05.12 09:36, Lisandro Berardi wrote:
> My Apache server is limited of RAM, so I had to downloaded the number of '
>MaxClients'.

set MaxClients to a sane value and see how much of ram do they use to
know if you can increase that number. Note that you will have to set
StartServers, MinSpareServers and MaxSpareServers with prefork MPM, or
StartThreads, MinSpareThreads and MaxSpareThreads with worker MPM.

> That is why I need to know the number of connections that fail
>by timeout, and if possible I need the date of each. Thanks so much!

this is very hard to detect, because it's usually client who detects a
timeout. server can see timeouts because of different reasons unrelated
to server load.

you should watch on your system how much memory it uses, which
is also cryptic e.g. on linux it's second line of 'free' output
(-/+ buffers/cache).

>PD: Sorry for my bad English...

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod