httpd-users mailing list archives

From Shirley....@thomsonreuters.com
Subject [users@httpd] Slow mod_proxy response
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 15:48:57 GMT
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with a problem I'm having at work. We have a
Glassfish server running on SLES 11. I installed Apache2 with mod_proxy
so that users can use port 80 for redirection to the Glassfish service.
This is the setting of my server.

<VirtualHost INTERNAL_IPADDR:80>

        ServerName server.com

        RewriteEngine On

        ProxyPreserveHost On

        # If request is not for subdir ServicePortal, then redirect to
it

        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/subdir/

        RewriteRule / subdir/$1 [R=301,L]

        # Turn off forward proxy and use reverse proxy

        ProxyRequests Off

        ProxyPass /subdir http://localhost:8080/subdir

        ProxyPassReverse /subdir http://localhost:8080/subdir

</VirtualHost>

The server is hosted in the lab network and the INTERNAL_IPPDR is one of
the IP addresses on the server, say 172.29.31.10. There is a firewall in
the lab for outside connection into the lab and the natted IP address
is, say 10.109.32.10. From office LAN, users request for the webpages
using http://server.com, which has the address 10.109.32.10. For some
reason, we see slow response when accessing the server from the office
network and sometimes we get TCP timeout. The response from within the
lab however, is fast. Could anyone shed some lights? I have hostname
lookup turned off to eliminate DNS issues.

Thanks

Shirley

This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.