httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Frey <rainer.f...@inxmail.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache FTP Proxy
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 07:04:31 GMT
On 27.04.2012, at 20:04, Andy Carlson wrote:

> I currently have an apache reverse proxy server that I am using in front of a number
of web servers that are setup as VirtualHost’s on the proxy.  I want to setup an FTP proxy
(using different VirtualHost definitions, if necessary) to proxy FTP traffic to the internal
servers in the same manner as the HTTP VirtualHosts.  I have not had any success doing this.

"I have not had any success" is not very clear.

> Also, I’m not sure if it’s necessary but I had tried putting “Listen 21” directive
at the beginning of httpd.conf (next to the Listen 80).

This sounds like you might want to use FTP with Apache as proxy. Unless I'm completely mistaken,
this does not work. mod_proxy_ftp has the capability to map FTP server content into the VirtualHost,
but it does not make Apache speak FTP with clients. It only allows to access FTP server content
via HTTP.

Rainer