httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 2.4.1 Released
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 21:04:23 GMT
Good Guy wrote:

>> >  Starter for ten
>> >  http://www.anindya.com/apache-http-server-2-4-1-x86-and-x64-windows-installers/
>> >
> The link is not official download site so one should be wary of
> downloading anything from such sites.  It is better to compile the
> source code yourself so that you know nothing else is embedded/bundled
> in the binaries.

Anindya has been providing 64 bit builds of PHP for some time and added the
Apache builds that were compatible. Given the amount of work needed to set up a
build system and keep it up to date, we are grateful that HE donates the time to
do it! Since these are not provided by 'official' channels nowadays at all :(

My own build system is broken again so I've not been able to run my own builds
and I certainly don't have hours to waste trying to fix the problems myself.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL