httpd-users mailing list archives

From peshoTDI <hair...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Trouble setting HTTPS
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:27:04 GMT

Hi all,

I've been trying to set up HTTPS connection to my website.
I created a selfsigned certificate /etc/ssl/cert/cert-https.crt
The corresponding private key is /etc/ssl/private/key-https.key

In the VirtualHost in sites-enabled/mysite I added:
 SSLEngine on
 SSLOptions +StrictRequire
 SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/cert-https.crt
 SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/key-https.key

... and restarted apache

When I try to access the website I am asked to confirm the certificate, but
after I add it to the exceptions I get:
Firefox: The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
Chrome: Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.

Thanks in advance!