httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Carlson <andy.carl...@moody.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache FTP Proxy
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:04:19 GMT
I currently have an apache reverse proxy server that I am using in front of a number of web
servers that are setup as VirtualHost's on the proxy.  I want to setup an FTP proxy (using
different VirtualHost definitions, if necessary) to proxy FTP traffic to the internal servers
in the same manner as the HTTP VirtualHosts.  I have not had any success doing this.  Here's
a sample of what I did:

<VirtualHost OUTSIDE-HOST-IP:21>
  ServerName OUTSIDE-HOST
  ProxyPass / ftp:// INTERNAL-HOST/
  ProxyPassReverse / ftp:// INTERNAL-HOST/
</VirtualHost>

Again, it is my hope to implement this configuration with multiple internal hosts.

Also, I'm not sure if it's necessary but I had tried putting "Listen 21" directive at the
beginning of httpd.conf (next to the Listen 80).

Please let me know if this is possible or if I am doing something wrong.  Thanks much!!!

Andy Carlson
Moody Bible Institute
Identity Administrator | Information Systems
312-329-4385
www.moody.edu<http://www.moody.edu>