httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Westebbe" <richard.weste...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd 2.4.1 -t option return code results always in 0
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:38:04 GMT
Hi,

 thanx for the answer. I wrote an bug report, but while I was searching the source
 code for the right place to create an patch I was astonished that I couldn't reproduce
 the error in a newly compiled version, though I didn't change anything in the source code.

 Further research resulted in the following (reproducable) behavior. As long as the httpd
 is not running, the -t option behaves as expected an results in 1 as return code, as long
as there
 are errors in the configuration.

 When the httpd is running, the return code is always 0, no matter how the configuration looks
like.

 First I thougt that might be the result of an suexec patch of mine and removed the bug report,
but
 some more testing showed that the patch didn't cause this behavior.

 Now I'm unsure whether this is realy a bug, or the behavior as wanted. Personally I would
say it
 should be regarded as bug, as I think it's quite usefull to check the configuration automatically

 before the server is restarted. In an production shared hosting environment this could avoid
downtimes
 for hundreds of websites because of an unconcentrated, stressed administrator.

 What do you think? Is this an bug, or not?

 Ciao
 Richard

----- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht -----