httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Westebbe" <richard.weste...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd 2.4.1 -t option return code results always in 0
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:57:59 GMT
Hi,

 it looks like I stumbled across an bug in httpd 2.4.1, when I tried to modify the init script
to make a configtest before a restart.

 I evaluate the return code of the -t option, to decide whether I should restart the web server
or not. Regarding to the manpage
 this option should result in 0 when there's no error in the config, otherwise it should result
in 1.

 With httpd 2.4.1 the result is 0 in every case, no matter how the config looks like. With
httpd 2.2 it works like expected. I would say
 that's bug, or does anybody know something about it?

 Is there a patch available? I'll gonna have a look into the source code to see whether I
can write a patch for it on my own, but if there is
 an official patch I would prefer to use that.

 Greetings
 Richard Westebbe