httpd-users mailing list archives

From SEAN MCELROY <sean.mcel...@btinternet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect http to https problem
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:50:58 GMT
Hello,

Java: 1.6
Tomcat: 6
Httpd: 2.2

I have developed a java/flex application hosted on tomcat/httpd. I want to prevent users from
accessing this site via http, but I can't get my rediect working.
This page: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/avoid.html suggests that I should user
a rediect so I have configure this as follows:

<VirtualHost *:80>
Redirect / https://sean.home:443
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
#   General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"
ServerName sean.home:443
</VirtualHost>

This hasn't had the desired affect, and so I have a few questions.
Starting with the obvious, have I done this correctly?

Also, I have added some extra configuration so that my flex app loads and works correctly
and I'm wondering if this has affected my redirect. The additional configuration includes:

VirtualHost _default_:443 configuration contains these lines:
ProxyPass /buildnet/ http://localhost:8080/buildnet/
ProxyPassReverse /buildnet/ http://localhost:8080/buildnet/

httpd-jk.conf file which includes:
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkMountFile conf/uriworkermap.properties
JkLogLevel    debug

Any help at all appreciated.

Regards,

Sean