httpd-users mailing list archives

From "M. Lebbink" <mlebb...@photographITy.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache SSL issue.
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:55:31 GMT
Gentlepeople,

Got the following situation that I can't seem to solve. Would love some
suggestions or a faq/link on how to
solve this:

Running a Ubuntu LAMP with 2 virtual hosts, let's say site1.example.com &
site2.example.com.
site1 is on port 80 and site 2 is on 443. Both working fine and if I switch
site1 to 443 and site2 to 80, both
still work fine.

Now for the issue. I want, using Redirect Permanent, for site1 to run on
port 5001 and site2 to run on port
5002 both using SSL. Port 443 can then be closed. But if I replace port 443
with port 5001 or 5002, it all falls
apart with an Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long. Seems I can't find
the correct syntax for the
Redirect Permanent.

Somehow there should be something like: Redirect permanent /
https://site1.example.com:5001, but that does not
work. A redirect to https://site1.example.com works, but gives the
ssl_error.

Current working config (with parts left out):
ports.conf
	NameVirtualHost *:80
	<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
	     Listen 443
	</IfModule>
	<IfModule mod_gnutls.c>
	     Listen 443
	</IfModule>

Host definition in sites-available for the ssl site
	<VirtualHost *:80>
	        ServerAdmin someone@example.com
	        ServerName site2.example.com
	        Redirect permanent / https://site2.example.com
	</VirtualHost>
	<VirtualHost *:443>
	        ServerAdmin someone@example.com
	        ServerName site2.example.com
	        SSLEngine on
	        SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/apache.pem
	</VirtualHost>

Changing all 443 for 5001 does not do the trick.... what am I missing
here...?

If it helps, I run my one DNS forward and reverse working fine and private
proxy also working fine.

Met vriendelijke groet, Kind regards,

M. Lebbink

PhotographITy