httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alex Bligh <a...@alex.org.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Restricting mod-dbd by location
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 16:37:44 GMT
Nick,

--On 9 March 2012 15:05:10 +0000 Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

>>    (I am running non-threaded due to various
>> legacy nonsense).
>
> If you're running non-threaded then those DBD settings make
> no sense: you need DBDMax of 1 and DBDMin of 0 or 1.

That's fine, I suppose, as far as it goes, and thank you
for pointing it out.

However, I /think/ it means that there is one connection per
worker in a non-threaded environment still?

if I have (say) 100 mpm-prefork workers, and 0.001%
of my queries are to the <Location> concerned (this ratio is approximately
correct numerically), I don't really want 100 database connections
constantly open, lasting for the life of the mpm-prefork worker.

Or can it pool connections between mpm-prefork workers?

--
Alex Bligh