httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mathijs <mathijs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_status
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:56:55 GMT
Sounds like you should probably take a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_persistent_connection to get an idea of
what Keep-Alive means.

If you find that those 'K' connections are hogging up too much resources,
you could try adjusting your KeepAliveTimeout and MaxKeepAliveRequests
directives. See the documentation (
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html ) for more information
on those directives.

Also a more thorough guide on getting the most out of your Apache HTTPD
server performance can be found here:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PerformanceScalingUp

Feel free to ask more specifics if the documentation isn't clear.

Kind regards,
Mathijs