httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alain Roger <raf.n...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] https port and virtualhost
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:03:38 GMT
Hi,

on my local windows 7 computer, i have installed and setup a web server for
development purpose.
everything works well under port 80 (listening, servername, etc..), i also
setup virtualhost in extra conf file as following:
<VirtualHost *:80>
  DocumentRoot "d:/webserver/www/joomla25"
  ServerName joomla25.loc
  ServerAlias www.joomla25.loc
  ErrorLog "logs/joomla25.loc.error.log"
  CustomLog "logs/joomla25.loc.access.log" common

  AccessFileName .htaccess

  <Directory "d:/webserver/www/joomla25/">
    AllowOverride All
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
  </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

however, when my joomla instance goes to https port (so 443) i get the
following error:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /E-Shop/checkout.html on this server.
does it mean that i must create another virtualhost with addition settings
like:
<VirtualHost *:443>
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/my_local_IP.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/my_local_IP.key
</VirtualHost>

if not what should i do ?
thx
--