httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bobb, Kirth Andre (US - Arlington)" <kb...@deloitte.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite question
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 17:33:20 GMT
I’m attempting to replace all the spaces with ‘%20’ when URLs are passed via a proxy.
 I have the following Rewrite Rule added to my httpd.conf on the Apache 2 Proxy server I’m
running.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLogLevel 5
RewriteLog logs/rewrite_logs.log
RewriteRule ^/(.+)\ (.+)$ /$1\%20$2 [R, NE]

But for some reason when I look at the rewrite logs I see that the spaces are only being replaced
at the very last occurrence of a space. So for example. Let’ say I start with

www.some<http://www.some> website that has info.com

In the logs I see the following:

www.some<http://www.some> website that has%20info.com

Notice it didn’t add the %20 between the first 3 spaces but it did on the 4th/last space.

This only happens after I added the NE flag, and I added this so that %20 doesn’t get encoded
to %2520.

Any thoughts?

specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message.

on it, is strictly prohibited.

v.E.1