httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Lauber <blau...@cigital.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Load Balancing for REST service
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:47:33 GMT
Howdy.

We have a REST service that we are attempting to load balance via mod_proxy_balancer.  Unfortunately,
we have been unable to figure out how to maintain the session stickiness across REST service
calls.  In particular, our REST service does not make use of cookies or URL query parameters,
which are the traditional means for communicating session-related information.

Ideally, we would like to maintain the session stickiness based upon the client's IP address;
however, we're open to other suggestions as well (including using a different load balancing
plugin).  Our main goal is to figure out how to load balance the REST service in a manner
that will be transparent to the existing REST clients.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

     -=- Brian