httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ron.vandenbranden@home" <ron.vandenbran...@kantl.be>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy: ProxyPreserveHost omits start of proxied path
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:05:19 GMT
Hi,

On 30/03/2012 11:01, Igor Cicimov wrote:

> Have you actually read the mod_proxy documentation or you are just
> working with some example you found somewhere? If you read it you will
> find that you can use ! in the ProxyPass to exclude a path from the proxy.

Of course I have, but I don't think that's the issue: i do want to
reverse proxy requests starting with /apps/. All works fine without
ProxyPreserveHost:

>        ProxyRequests	off
>        ProxyPass//apps//     http://localhost:8082/  <http://localhost:8080/>
>        ProxyPassReverse///apps/http://localhost:8082/  <http://localhost:8080/>
>        ProxyPassReverseCookiePath//apps//  /

Yet, switching ProxyPreserveHost on seems to make ProxyPassReverse to be
ignored. Internal redirects end up without the /apps/ part, while it
should be preserved. With ProxyPreserveHost, it's as if above
ProxyPassReverse instructive is always interpreted as:

   ProxyPassReverse///     http://localhost:8082/  <http://localhost:8080/>

...no matter what actual value is given in the first argument: all
internal redirects inside the proxied app end up at the wrong path,
e.g.: <http://mydomain/my_app/index.htm> instead of
<http://mydomain/apps/my_app/index.htm>.

Unfortunately, some part of the proxied app needs access to the original
host (http://mydomain/), instead of the proxied host
(http://localhost:8082). That's what I understood ProxyPreserveHost was
for, but it doesn't work completely as I'd expect, given the ProxyPass
directive, and I don't see what causes this difference.

I want to seriously investigate and fix this issue and really appreciate
your help. However, I'll be off-line for the next week, but will
investigate further when I'm back from holiday.

Kind regards,

Ron