httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ron.vandenbranden@home" <ron.vandenbran...@kantl.be>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] reverse proxy via mod_proxy returns HTTP 500 error
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 19:15:40 GMT
Hi,

On 24/03/2012 23:41, Serge Fonville wrote:
> Does http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/proxy-howto.html apply?

Thanks for your suggestion, but specifying proxy settings in a Tomcat
<connector> does not seem to affect the error. I have two reasons for
believing the error lies elsewhere:
     1. the same apache vhost.conf settings do work when tested on my
local computer (without any specific proxy configuration in Tomcat)
     2. a different (non-Tomcat related) proxy rule also produces a HTTP
500 error (when requesting <http://mydomain/google/>):

     RewriteRule /google/ http://www.google.be/ [P]

I have also tried with regular mod_proxy rules (without mod_rewrite) but
resorted to a proxied RewriteRule in order to get at least some info logged.

Kind regards,

Ron