httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] 'redirect' to a single domain name
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:25:51 GMT
OK ... I've always set the server up so that both xxx.co.uk and www.xxx.co.uk
are processed, but the 'quality police' are now flagging this as wrong, and
saying that one or the other should be 'returned' by the site. Since some sites
also have xxx.com or other options this does make sense, the question is how?

I'm already using rewrite to keep the wingers happy on 'tidy url's' and that
works well, and if I am readying things correctly 'Redirect' should handle the
domain? But it does not seem to work. I assume that this needs to be handled
inside the <VirtualHost> for it to correctly map what is listed in the
ServerAlias to match the ServerName entry?

What IS the politically correct way of handling this?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL