httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] confused about modsecurity and apparmor
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:28:38 GMT
On March 5, 2012 11:20 , Rajeev Prasad <rp.neuli@yahoo.com> wrote:
> thx Mark, it does help to understand things better. so that mean
> grsecurity and AppArmor doing the same thing? except that grsecurity
> is much complex and harder i guess. (I wanted to do that, but does not
> have enough expertise to think of building a LAMP install on
> grsecurity patched ubuntu.)

grsecurity and AppArmor are both Mandatory Access Control (MAC) systems,
yes.  But they have different strengths and weaknesses.  As far as I
know, you can only run one MAC system at any given time.  Two other MAC
systems which you may have heard about are SELinux and Tomoyo.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org