httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory Setting Issues, i believe(kind of long)
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:34:24 GMT
On Mar 11, 2012, at 12:55 AM, Yehuda Katz <yehuda@ymkatz.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Chris Arnold <carnold@electrichendrix.com> wrote:
> making a new vhost.conf called helpdesk.teknerds.conf and adding this to that vhost.conf:
>
> DocumentRoot /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/
>
> and adding this to the otrs.conf file which is in /etc/apache2/conf.d:
>
> # agent, admin and customer frontend
> Alias /otrs-web/ "/opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/"
> Alias / "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/"
> This says to make an alias for every vhost from / to "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/"
> You need to put that all in the new vhost you created only.
I put that in the helpdesk.vhost.conf and teknerds.net is now a directory listing of files
in the document root (along with helpdesk.teknerds.net). What I did do, that worked, was change
the script alias in otrs to helpdesk/, then in the teknerds.conf vhost, add scriptalias /helpdesk/
"/path/to/otrs/cgi-bin/". Restart apache and now teknerds.net/helpdesk/customer.pl takes you
to the customer login page. I still do not want the customer to have to enter the customer.pl
part. In the first example I posted, you could set the landing page in the location directive.
Is there a way to not have the customer type in customer.pl? When I go to teknerds.net!helpdesk,
I get this in the error log:
attempt to invoke directory as a script: /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/