httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Westebbe" <richard.weste...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_fcgid 2.3.6 causes Apache 2.4.1 not to start with undefined symbol: ap_unixd_setup_child message
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:57:02 GMT
Hi Nick,

 first an update:

 - The problem, that I couldn't stop the httpd was caused by the init script. It was the original
Apache init file,
 which searched for the pid file in /var/log/httpd/. I moved in my spec file to /var/run to
make it fit to the terms
 of CentOS.

 - The kill -9 was nescessary, due to an configuration error of mine in httpd.conf. I put
the User and Group directives
 into an <IfModule unixd_module.c>. This caused mod_fcgid to crash and restart with
the following message:

 [:error] [pid 26757] mod_fcgid: fcgid process manager died, restarting the server

 [unixd:alert] [pid 27801] AH02155: getpwuid: couldn't determine user name from uid -1, you
probably need to modify the User directive
 [core:warn] [pid 26757] AH00045: child process 27801 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
 When I tried to kill a process with a SIGTERM it was already killed and a new process was
started. Somehow a kill -9 worked, maybe because
 that won't wait for a process to quit.

 - When mod_unixd is loaded before mod_fcgid everything seems to work fine. So I don't think
that an bugzilla report is nescessary.
 Though I think it might be a great advantage, if such dependencies would be resolved internaly
by the Apache.

 (e.g.: I've changed the layout of the configuration directory to something quite simmilar
to Debian with .load and .conf files
 in a mods-available directory. Symlinks to them in a mods-enabled directory are then included
into the httpd.conf file. As the order
 of how modules are loaded is then defined by an alphabetical order such problems like mine
could easily occour.)

 I guess some of your questions are answered now. httpd-tools is an typical RPM of CentOS
and Red Hat, it contains for example the programms ab, htdbm, htdigest, htpasswd, etc. The
packeges I talked of are RPMs I build from slightly modified CentOS spec files.

 I guess, we could mark this topic as solved, and I'm sorry for the alarm I might have caused.

 Thanks a lot to all who tried to help! I'm really delighted, how friendly and with how much
interest my question was handled!

 Ciao
 Richard