httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_fcgid 2.3.6 causes Apache 2.4.1 not to start with undefined symbol: ap_unixd_setup_child message
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:50:37 GMT
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:21:09 +0100
"Richard Westebbe" <richard.westebbe@gmx.de> wrote:

> Well,
>
>  it seems like I wasn't totally wrong with my assumption...
>
>  With a statically linked mod_unixd mod_fcgid is working! The error message is gone and
a few some small tests
>  showed that mod_fcgid is doing what it shall do.

Interesting.  I think this should be worth a bugzilla entry.

Did you test it with everything dynamically loaded but with
mod_unixd loaded before mod_fcgid?  I'd expect that to work,
given what you've told us!

>  Strange thing about it is that it is a problem to stop httpd now. The only possible
way is a kill -9. Something
>  I wouldn't regard as everything is working fine.

What exactly happens when it fails?  Anything in the
error logs?

Did you tell us the details of what platform you're on?

>  The appears to me, that the problem is caused by the fact, that mod_unixd is new in
2.4.1.

Yes, it was formerly in core, but was modularised to enable more
fine-grained security models.

>  I compiled 2.4.1 with mod_unixd as an DSO, what might be the reason for the problem.
Though
>  mod_fcgid is including mod_unixd.h in fcgid_pm_unix.c in line 35:
>
> #if MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR >= 20090209
> #include "mod_unixd.h"
> #endif

That means it'll compile, but does nothing at runtime.

Thanks for the report.

--
Nick Kew