httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Westebbe" <richard.weste...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_fcgid 2.3.6 causes Apache 2.4.1 not to start with undefined symbol: ap_unixd_setup_child message
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:21:09 GMT
Well,

 it seems like I wasn't totally wrong with my assumption...

 With a statically linked mod_unixd mod_fcgid is working! The error message is gone and a
few some small tests
 showed that mod_fcgid is doing what it shall do.

 Strange thing about it is that it is a problem to stop httpd now. The only possible way is
a kill -9. Something
 I wouldn't regard as everything is working fine.

 The changes in the compilation of Apache 2.4.1 was to add the following lines to the configure
configuration:

 --enable-unixd
 --enable-mods-static='unixd'

 all other modules are compiled with a

 --enable-mods-shared=all

 I hope this information helps all of you, who are looking for a solution for this problem!
I'll gonna go on looking for
 one, as well.

 Ciao
 Richard