httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Westebbe" <richard.weste...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_fcgid 2.3.6 causes Apache 2.4.1 not to start with undefined symbol: ap_unixd_setup_child message
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:20:04 GMT
Hi William,

 thank you that you've already answered the question of Tianyin!

 @Tianyin:

 Hi, thank you for your time and interest! I'm trying to solve the problem too, at the moment.

 The appears to me, that the problem is caused by the fact, that mod_unixd is new in 2.4.1.

 I compiled 2.4.1 with mod_unixd as an DSO, what might be the reason for the problem. Though
 mod_fcgid is including mod_unixd.h in fcgid_pm_unix.c in line 35:

 #if MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR >= 20090209
 #include "mod_unixd.h"
 #endif

 As I wasn't sure, whether the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR condition works, or not. So I forced
 the inclusion of mod_unixd.h by deleting the condition. The result was the same. The function
still isn't
 defined.

 I guess I'll give it a try with an statically linked mod_unixd in the httpd executable. Maybe
this might help.
 I'll report the result at this mailing list.

 Ciao
 Richard

----- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht -----