httpd-users mailing list archives

From Juergen Daubert <...@jue.li>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.4.1, regression, caching forward proxy configuration
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:41:00 GMT
On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 06:06:51PM +0100, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 01.03.2012 17:19, Juergen Daubert wrote:
> >On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 03:38:10PM +0000, Nick Kew wrote:

> >>Set Loglevel to debug, or if necessary high-level trace,
> >>for the relevant modules.
> >
> >Thanks for the hint but I've tried that already, with no result.
> >
> >Even with a
> >
> >LogLevel cache:trace8
> >LogLevel cache_disk:trace8
> >
> >there's nothing in the logfile. To verify the syntax I've done the
> >same for the proxy module with proxy:trace8 which works, meaning a
> >lot of traces in the logfile.
> >
> >The strange thing is that everything works with apache 2.2.x, so
> >my guess is that there are either new but undocumented configuration
> >switches or we have a regression in 2.4.1.
> >BTW, I've found another report for probably the same issue, see [1].
>
> >[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.user/98771
>
> Could it be some VHost config merging thing? Cache defined in the
> main server, but requests handled in some VHost? I don't have much
> experience with mod_cache, but I vaguely remember some VHost config
> support being added or improved in 2.4.

No, there are no VHosts defined at all. See the configuration in my
initial posting.

> Double check, that your rquests are actually handled by the global
> server and if not, copy or moce the cache config to the correct
> VHost and retest.

To exclude an error in that region I've created a VHost setup
which includes the proxy and cache defines, but without success.
The problem is still the same: proxy works, caching to disk doesn't
work.

Thanks and regards
Juergen