httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [SOLVED]Unable to get to any sites after an install
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:53:21 GMT

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Chris Arnold < carnold@electrichendrix.com > wrote:

>>Fresh install of 2.2.12 on SLES11 SP2 (fresh install also. I was having problems with
yast munging apache vhosts and ssl.conf so i >>decided to reinstall SLES11 too). The
only thing that has been done to apache: perl, php5 and rewrite mods loaded (NOT using yast
>>but manually in loadmodule and apache2 files). I copy the sites from a backup (NAS)
and the corresponding vhost files and restart >>apache. I use safari to get to the sites
and receive can not connect to the server. Nothing in the error logs except the restart. >>The
vhost files all point to the correct root location. Its like apache is not even listening
for connections. A netstat shows:
>>tcp        0      0 :::80                   :::*
       LISTEN      8475/httpd2-prefork

>>Firefox shows a unable to connect. What am i missing?

>That is listening on IPv6, not IPv4.
>Check your listen.conf file.
Wow! I disabled IPv6 during the install.....
Anyway, i did find out that the network service was somehow defunct. I restarted the network
service and now i can connect to all the sites (now i will move on to the proxy setup).