httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ruiyuan Jiang <Ruiyuan_Ji...@liz.com>
Subject [users@httpd]
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:43:03 GMT
Hi, all

I have an apache2.2.22 reverse proxy server running. On the reverse proxy server, it has multiple
virtual hosts. Some of them are https connections besides http connection. The backend servers
behind the reverse proxy server have either https or http connection with the Apache reverse
proxy server. Currently Apache does not authenticate external users. The authentication prompt
comes from backend servers if authentication is required. There is one application which is
the same from users point view when they access the site either they are in the office or
home to login to the server through https authentication which is Microsoft Active Directory
based.
Now there is a request for the application that for some users when they are in the office,
they access the site as usual. When those users are at home, they are not allowed to access
the internal site through Apache reverse proxy server. I am thinking adding mod_ldap support
on the Apache reverse proxy server to authenticate those users. We can create a group, i.e.
deny_access on the Microsoft Active Directory so when the users authenticate through Apache
reverse proxy server and if users belong to that group then the access is denied. Is this
possible? Thanks.

Ryan Jiang

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.