httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Morse, Richard E.MGH" <REMO...@PARTNERS.ORG>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 RedirectMatch url behaviour in a Directory context?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:18:25 GMT
Hi! I was wondering if RedirectMatch did any stripping of the URL when in a Directory context?

According to the documentation, a Rewrite rule does have the URL stripped so that it starts
with the directory, but the documentation doesn't say whether or not this also happens for
RedirectMatch.

I ask because I would like to anchor the front of my regex if possible, but I don't know exactly
what the prefix above my directory is going to be. Tests seem to indicate that the prefix
isn't stripped, but I wanted to check and see if there was something I was missing.

example:

	RedirectMatch ^/foo/([a-z-]+)$ http://www.example.com/$1

Thanks,
Ricky