httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 1 Public IP Many Servers
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 03:13:10 GMT
On Feb 20, 2012, at 10:04 PM, Yehuda Katz <yehuda@ymkatz.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Chris Arnold <carnold@electrichendrix.com> wrote:
> I just want to revisit this on-list again. Yehuda has help tremendously, thank you Yehuda.
I have the front end server set for proxy(reverse) in the httpd file:
> <VirtualHost ifolder.teknerds.net:443>
> ServerName ifolder.electrichendrix.com
> ProxyPass /ifolder https://192.168.123.4/ifolder
> ProxyPassReverse /ifolder https://192.168.123.4/ifolder
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I have the modules loaded in loadmodule.conf:
> LoadModule proxy_module                   /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy.so
> LoadModule proxy_http_module              /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy_http.so
>
> Vhost-ssl.conf has this entry:
> <VirtualHost _default_:443>
>
>        #  General setup for the virtual host
>        DocumentRoot "/srv/www/htdocs"
>        #ServerName www.example.com:443
>        #ServerAdmin webmaster@example.com
>        ProxyPass /ifolder https://192.168.123.4
>        ProxyPassReverse /ifolder https://192.168.123.4
>
> Here are the logs on the front end server:
> [Mon Feb 20 21:36:22 2012] [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid for the URL /ifolder.
If you are using a DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy submodules are included in
the configuration using LoadModule.

> Here are the logs from the backend server:
> There aren't any for this request.
>
> SSLProxyEngine is set to on on the backend server.
> What we get when we access the frontend server is Access forbidden.
> You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected
or not readable by the server.
> Error 403
>
> I was about to reply to your earlier message when I saw this post that cleared up a few
things.

> SSLProxyEngine on needs to be set on the frontend server, not the backend.
As usual, my mistake (I did not look far enough down in vhost-ssl.conf) it IS on on the front
end server.