httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Swift <Swi...@swiftys.org.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] unexpected EOF while looking for matching
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:27:15 GMT
Do any of the GET requests in your access log correspond with CGI scripts
which might run for a long time? I presume that the access log entry
corresponds to when the script starts, not when it ends. The "sh" error
messages may thus occur minutes after the corresponding GET entry in the
access log.

In my case, the language that I'm using allows for me to request an
exception if a shell command exits with a non-zero return code (the
"misisng quote" error yields RC=1). So, each time I find one of these, I
ensure that scripts which ran before the error get updated to trap non-zero
return codes. I've found (and fixed) precisely one instance since I started
this approach.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk