httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] make of apache 2.4.1 fail. undefined reference to XML_StopParser
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:23:25 GMT
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Stein Magne Bjørklund
<steinmb@gmail.com> wrote:
> System:
> CentOS release 4.9 (Final)
> Linux 2.6.9-89.0.16.plus.c4smp
> gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-11)
>
> Hi
> After spending a few hours searching through the web and coming up with no good hints
or solution I find no other places to ask then here. I hope some of you could shed some light
on this issue.

> making apache 2.4.1 fail with:
> httpd-2.4.1/srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil-1.so: undefined reference to `XML_StopParser'

I wonder if configure is finding libexpat > 1 (and hence
XML_StopParser is called) but you're linking against libexpat == 1.95?
 There should be hints in the configure output.

Try --with-expat=builtin on your configure line to use the one bundled
with apr-util?

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> apr-1.4.6 and apr-util-1.4.1 is uncompressed and included to the correct location.
> Configure complete without any errors from what I'm able to tell. I'll attach my Makefile.in,
if the mailinglist accept attachments.

> My configure command is:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --with-included-apr --enable-so
>
> but I have also tried to be more specific in my configure like:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --with-included-apr --enable-so --with-perl --with-apr=srclib/apr
--with-apr-util=srclib/apr-util

> but make still fail. I test compiled apr-util and that seemed to work just fine. The
error seem to be coming from:
> httpd-2.4.1/srclib/apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c and the function entity_declaration() but then
again, I do not know the code and there been a while since I dabbled in C.

> A bit confusseled but hope some of you guys might point me in the right direction.
>
> --
> Stein

Born in Roswell... married an alien...