httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stein Magne Bjørklund <stei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] make of apache 2.4.1 fail. undefined reference to XML_StopParser
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 01:07:58 GMT
On 24. feb. 2012, at 01:23, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Stein Magne Bjørklund
> <steinmb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> System:
>> CentOS release 4.9 (Final)
>> Linux 2.6.9-89.0.16.plus.c4smp
>> gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-11)
>>
>> Hi
>> After spending a few hours searching through the web and coming up with no good hints
or solution I find no other places to ask then here. I hope some of you could shed some light
on this issue.

>> making apache 2.4.1 fail with:
>> httpd-2.4.1/srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil-1.so: undefined reference to `XML_StopParser'
>
> I wonder if configure is finding libexpat > 1 (and hence
> XML_StopParser is called) but you're linking against libexpat == 1.95?
> There should be hints in the configure output.

Thanks for replying :) that was it, it picked up the system wide libexpat:
Name        : expat
Version     : 1.95.7 Vendor: CentOS
Release     : 4.el4_8.3 Build Date: Mon 06 Sep 2010 03:12:10 PM CEST

> Try --with-expat=builtin on your configure line to use the one bundled
> with apr-util?

Checked the config.log and it now was OK and a make clean; make; make install and I'm good
to go :-D

Thanks for helping out. Now to test 2.4 on an old and slow server to see in/how much faster/efficient
2.4 is compared to 2.2.