httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zaxy <zax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Make error, apache 2.4.1
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:45:00 GMT

On 23.2.2012 19:33, Rainer Jung wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> - Where is your apr and apr-util? If you added it to srclib, how
>>> exactly did you do that?
>>
>> They are both in srclib located in srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util.
>
> Good
>
>> Basically I downloaded them from apr.apache.org, extracted, copied into
>> srclib, then renamed to apr/apr-util to remove the versions.
>
> Correct
>
>> I double checked that files are actually in the srclib/apr/ directory,
>> not in the srclib/apr/apr-1.6.4 dir or something else.
>
> OK
>
>>> - is the above configure command complete, ie.e. you didn't give
>>> additional flags like telling configure where your apr is?
>>
>> I tried with --with-included-apr flag but got this make error. Then I
>> thought I'd try without the flag and got the same result.
>
> OK, --with-included-apr should be safer, but from what you write
> that's not related to the root cause of your problem.
>
>>> - if the line is complete, do your have the approprite apr and
>>> apr-util versions installed in your system default library location?
>>
>> To be honest, I have no idea how to install it. So my guess would be
>> that I don't.
>
> The configure output shows that you are successfully configuring
> against the one provided in srclib.
>
>>> - did configure complain about anything (and you tried to call "make"
>>> nevertheless) - rephrased: is there a way you can post your configure
>>> output?
>>
>> I didn't notice any errors in configure. The whole configure output can
>> be found here: http://pastebin.com/3t1BrsvH
>
> Output looks good!
>
> So back to the original error message ..
>
>> Making all in srclib
>> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
>> Makefile:49: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>
>> 49th line of srclib/Makefile:
>>
>> @INCLUDE_RULES@
>
> Directly in srclib there should be a file named Makefile.in and with
> the contents:
>

> BUILD_SUBDIRS = $(AP_BUILD_SRCLIB_DIRS)
> CLEAN_SUBDIRS = $(AP_CLEAN_SRCLIB_DIRS)
>
> include $(top_builddir)/build/rules.mk
>
> Correct? This file comes directly from expanding the httpd source
> download.
>
> Then configure should add another file named Makefile with the content:
>
> top_srcdir   = /usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1
> top_builddir = /usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1
> srcdir       = /usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib
> builddir     = /usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib
> VPATH        = /usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib
>
> BUILD_SUBDIRS = $(AP_BUILD_SRCLIB_DIRS)
> CLEAN_SUBDIRS = $(AP_CLEAN_SRCLIB_DIRS)
>
> include $(top_builddir)/build/rules.mk
>
> As you write, your srclib/Makefile is different. Correct? Can you
> please post the full srclib/Makefile?
>
> Apart from Makefile, Makefile.in and the two directories apr and
> apr-util, there is an additional directory .deps and nothing else in

As it turns out, this was not correct. Which got me thinking. So instead
of "make clean" I reproduced my steps from the beginning.

It seems that I mistakenly copied some apr files into the srclib and
(possibly later) copied it also properly into the apr/apr-util.

Which in turn made me think I did it correctly when in fact I did not.

Now make works perfectly!

I'm very sorry if I wasted your time and very grateful for your replies.

Thank you again. :)