httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Make error, apache 2.4.1
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:13:46 GMT
On 23.02.2012 16:11, Zaxy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first time posting here.
>
> Before I go to my problem, let me just clarify that I did everything
> in my power to solve it before writing here.
>
> The problem is as follows:
>
> After a successful ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.4.1
> the "make" command exits with an error.
>
> Making all in srclib
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
> Makefile:49: *** missing separator. Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> 49th line of srclib/Makefile:
>
> @INCLUDE_RULES@
>
> The system is Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit.
>
> I would really appreciate any ideas. If I need to post more
> information, I will do so gladly.

The line you quoted is expected in a Makefile coming from the apr
library (or apr-util). Such a Makefile is not expected in srclib, but
insteadf in srclib/apr resp. srclib/apr-util.

So if you tell us how you try to build, we might be able to guide you.

- Where is your apr and apr-util? If you added it to srclib, how exactly
did you do that?

- is the above configure command complete, ie.e. you didn't give
additional flags like telling configure where your apr is?

- if the line is complete, do your have the approprite apr and apr-util
versions installed in your system default library location?

- did configure complain about anything (and you tried to call "make"
nevertheless) - rephrased: is there a way you can post your configure
output?

Regards,

Rainer