httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Albert <...@netrition.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] trivial question about webserver
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:17:19 GMT
On 2/10/2012 5:48 AM, Dr. Sunil M. Dogra wrote:

> Hi John,
>

> the Ips of CDRSTDU.EDU.IN <http://CDRSTDU.EDU.IN>, TIER-3.CDRSTDU.EDU.IN
> <http://TIER-3.CDRSTDU.EDU.IN> has changed so that's why its is not working.
>
> Now I wanted to make a webpage working if you could suggest how to start
> working.

So... your DNS servers have also changed IP address?

If so, then you need to update what are called glue records:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System#Circular_dependencies_and_glue_records
This is done through your domain registrar.
So, first your DNS servers must be seen by the world and they are not:
http://www.webdnstools.com/dnstools/domain_check
enter CDRSTDU.EDU.IN
and it fails...  no DNS servers are found and I suspect it's because the
glue records at the edu.in level have not been updated.

So... there's two things.
1. Get your glue records updated which indicate the IP addresses of your
DNS server(s).
2. Update your DNS server(s) with new records pointing your domain to
new IP addresses.

Your domain registrar should be able to help with this as that is the
contact through which your glue records will be updated. They may not
know what you are talking about at first depending on the level of
support you first reach, but if the IP addresses of your DNS servers
have changed, then your glue records must be updated.

--
Jim Albert