httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Albert <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] trivial question about webserver
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 04:27:22 GMT
On 2/9/2012 11:16 PM, Dr. Sunil M. Dogra wrote:
> Hi,
> A trivial question.I would like to make webpage on my own, I have been
> struggling on this for long time. My ISP has changed the IP's given to
> us and now I want proper registration of my domain name.
> My ISP has given set of IP's range
> IPs: to qqq.aa.zzz.x75
> SubNetMask:
> One of my IP is used a  Gateway qqq.aa.zzz.x61
> DNS: 202.kkk.hhh.yyy
> Now kindly suggest what are the things I should register with my registrar.
> With Best Regards
> sunil

I'm assuming you had a working web site and the IP address change has 
caused you a problem. If so, then you likely need to have the DNS entry 
for your domain/web server changed. You'll need to contact the 
organization that handles DNS for you and that may be the company 
through which you have registered your domain. You'll need to give them 
domains/hosts you want changed in DNS and the new IP addresses.

The DNS address given to you by your ISP would be irrelevant in this 
matter. That would be a DNS resolver that you can use for resolving 
domains to IP addresses.

Jim Albert

The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message