httpd-users mailing list archives

From Angus McIntyre <an...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Experiencing odd, possibly JPEG-specific slowdowns
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 01:12:41 GMT

On Feb 1, 2012, at 10:09 AM, DENIS Laurent wrote:
> Enable the %D in the logs - it will tell you how long the server takes
> to serve the query, in microseconds. … I had a similar problem -> up to 120
> seconds to serve some static resources,  for around 0.5% of the queries.

Thanks for your helpful response.

Just for completeness, I thought I'd post to say that my problem actually turned out to be
a conflict between the OS and the hypervisor running the VPS it's hosted on, and nothing to
do with Apache.

'dmesg' revealed lots of time-outs during I/O, which fit with what I was seeing - very slow
loads on first request, followed by relatively rapid performance on subsequent requests (when
the static content was presumably cached at some level).

Angus