httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Doe <jd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] trivial question about webserver
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:29:11 GMT
From: Dr. Sunil M. Dogra <smdogra@gmail.com>

>Hi, A trivial question.I would like to make webpage on my own, I have been struggling
on this for long time. My ISP has changed the IP's given to us and now I want proper registration
of my domain name.
>My ISP has given set of IP's range
>IPs:  qqq.aa.zzz.xxx to qqq.aa.zzz.x75
>SubNetMask: 255.255.255.252
>One of my IP is used a  Gateway qqq.aa.zzz.x61
>DNS: 202.kkk.hhh.yyy
>Now kindly suggest what are the things I should register with my registrar.

If I try to access cdrstdu.edu, it should go like this:
1. The domain record for cdrstdu.edu gives me a list of DNS servers.
2. I contact the first DNS  server to resolve the hostname -> IP.
3. With the IP the DNS gave me, I contact your server.

Your domain name points to these DNS servers:
  CDRSTDU.EDU.IN
  TIER-3.CDRSTDU.EDU.IN
The thing is these 2 DNS servers do not seem to exist...
First, enter valid DNS servers for your domain.

Then, edit the DNS entries to add your hostname -> IPs.

JD