httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 1 Public IP Many Servers
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 21:40:37 GMT
Apache2.2.3 on SLES10. I was hoping my firewall (sonicwall tz180w enhanced software) would
do this but it looks like it might not. We have 4 servers with private ip's and our firewall
has 1 public ip. These servers run different services like mail, web and the other things.
We are looking at another service (ticketing system) that can not run on but port 80. Port
80 is on the a different server. I need to know if apache is able to see an dns address and
forward to the correct server. Example:
http://cloudservice.domain.com on port 80 and http://mailservice.domain.com on port 80 (these
are different servers with private ip's). Can apache see the xxx://cloudservice.xx.com and
forward to the correct server versus xxx://mailservice.xxx.com.
I hope what i need is clear as i am having a hard time describing it. Basically, i need same
port to go to different servers based on the dns address from the outside (public ip).