httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Hester <Andrew.Hes...@mouser.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Configure httpd not to send responses
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:06:44 GMT
Hello,

I would like to use httpd with mod_remoteip and mod_evasive to provide some DoS response for
my site.   I might later use mod_security for other rules as well.  Because of many reasons
the httpd server will will not be inline, but instead I intend to mirror traffic to the server
for analysis.

So, I won't have any content on the server and do not want 400 or 500 errors going back to
the client but I do want to analyze the requests.  I will use a  script to create firewall
rules when DoS rules are triggered.

I have not been able to find any docs on this and I'm not sure what the common terminology
is for this configuration.   Any tips on how to prevent this honeypot-ish server from responding
back to real clients would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

This communication, its contents and any file attachments transmitted with it are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential proprietary information.
Access by any other party without the express written permission of the sender is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.
If you have received this communication in error you may not copy, distribute or use the contents,
attachments or information in any way. Please destroy it and contact the sender.