httpd-users mailing list archives

From "linux.il" <linux...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is it possible to redirect user to "market://..." URI?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:17:38 GMT
>On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Jeroen Geilman <jeroen@adaptr.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 2012-01-09 14:08, linux.il wrote:
>>
>> On my website I should redirect Android users to my application on Android Market.
What is the optimal way to do this? My first dea >>was

>>       RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}  Android [NC]
>>       RewriteRule ^/$         market://details?id=......
>
> There is no market://details application/system/scheme on your apache server - this is
a client-side phenomenon.
> Issue a 301 Redirect to the above URL - you can put anything in a redirect URL.
> Convert the above into an explicit redirect by appending [R=301] to the RewriteRule.

Thank you for suggestion. I replaced 302 to 301 return code, but it
didn't help - browser tries  to open some weird  URL like this:
http://mysite.com/market://details?.....

If I embed the same market URI into some html page and click on this
link - android starts market application as supposed.