httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Swift <Swi...@swiftys.org.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Name Virtual Host Weirdness
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 21:46:23 GMT
It all looks correct to me. Can you exchange the order of the VirtualHost
definitions? The first Virtualhost defined is the one that gets used if
anything goes wrong with allocating a request to a particular vhost, so you
often end up thinking you are using the first Vhost  when in fact you are
using the default vhost.

I tend to define a defunct vhost first - one with nothing in the
documentroot, except an error document which is served in response to every
URI. This makes errors less puzzling.